Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Baby Doll Bibs

I attempted to make an advent calendar earlier this week and failed miserably, so to redeem myself, I digitized two baby bibs for the dolls I'm dressing for Toys for Tots.
The photo doesn't really show the quilting that I did with my embroidery machine, but it was fun to play with my digitizing program and the results made me happy.

This is the pattern I pulled off of Pinterest for the shape. You wouldn't need an embroidery machine to make this, but it makes the quilting easier.  At it's widest point, it's 5 5/8 wide and is a good size for a 14" doll.  Feel free to use the pattern and make one.

You'll need two pieces of outer fabric 6.5 x 9, and one piece of flannel or low loft batting 6.5 x 9.

Cut out two patterns from fabric and I used flannel between. Use any type of quilting pattern you like or leave it plain. The outside edge is finished with a satin stitch.  I will use hook and loop tape on the ends since I think it's easier for little hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment